Table of Contents
- Here are some of the useful safety tips for every day home cooking
Here are some of the useful safety tips for every day home cooking
- Synthetic fibers such as rayon, polyester melt on heating. Therefore it is not safe while cooking. If the clothes catch fire it can be disastrous. Cotton cloth is best and safe to wear in such conditions.
- Long sleeves likely to cause difficulty and may expose to accidents
- Using a head gear to cover scalp will prevent dropping of loose hairs in the food
- Apron will surely protect your clothes
- slip-on or clog styles are easy to wear and remove
First thing First
- Store items you use regularly at convenient heights. Place heavier appliances in lower cabinets or shelves.
- Use a small stepladder to reach higher shelves. …
- Clean up spills on floors and counters quickly.
- Keep cabinet doors and drawers closed.
Use of knife
- Make sure your cutting board is secure and doesn’t slip while you’re using it.
- Choose knife according to your work or type of cutting required
- Keep your fingers and thumbs away from the blade. …
- Never cut toward yourself.
- When you’re cutting, focus on what you’re doing. …
- Don’t wave your knives in the air. …
- Keep your knives clean and sharp
Safety against burns
- Do not allow oil temperature very high or visibly when it starts giving smoke
- When oil temperature is high place a lid on it after putting food in the pan
- Handle boiling water with care
- Make use of Gloves for handling food in micro wave or baking oven
- Never leave your stove unattended while cooking.
- Create a kid-free zone.
- Keep your cooking area free of flammable materials.
- Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Keep cooking equipment clean.
A little care for safety will make cooking a pleasure and secure food journey for you and for your loved ones